Sunday 21 August 2011

Some treasure just won't make it to the shop...

Sometimes you are shopping and your heart actually stops, you can't breath and you get a pain inside you when you try to walk away from the amazing thing... well, that is what happens to me anyway.  I try to find things like that to sell in my shop, Clarence EST 2010 - flowers and fancy goods, Healesville.

But, lets be honest... some treasure just wont make it to the shop. Like this recent unbelievably AWESOME SCORE!!!! I have wanted a luggage trunk since my days travelling with the famous Spiegeltent but never have I seen one so beautiful. Check this out -

Bad photo but it happens to have a lot
of "B" stickers on it... My name is Bobilee...
Not that I need any more convincing!!

Just your standard looking op-shop trunk


Are you ready to take a peek inside??

Surprise! I am amazing!!

Complete with original coathangers and immaculate lining.

I am one happy lady

I did have to phone a friend to see if I was out of my mind on this purchase, it was not a cheap score but just a good one.  My friend Anton simply told me that if I ever did not want it then he would buy it off me.  I also google-imaged luggage trunks and couldn't find one as sweet as this!

I love vintage treasure and imagining the history of the piece.  The thing with this one is that it probably was a part of a set, with matching hat box, beauty case and smaller luggage cases. I wonder where it has travelled and who owned such a stunning thing... I am sooooo happy they looked after it and had such amazing taste!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think so darling... But if I ever change my mind you can be the first on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trunk! There is currently one at the Lismore Tip Shop that had rats living in it! Tres disgusting, and they want $200. They're dreamin'! Email and pics are next on my list. Glad to have found you again

    ReplyDelete